MTAC MALTA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army Sayings

+3
Meli - Delta
AVLA
wOoKiE
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Army Sayings - Page 2 Empty Re: Army Sayings

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:01 pm

from my experience (not as deep as wookies) first the area always gets cleared i just finished reading "Commando" by chris terrel he was a news man doing the commando training as well and he had the opportunity to assist and record an assault on a taliban shrine in afghanistan the first guy (tom curry aka vinders was the first one in and the enemy was waiting for him he got shot in the head exactly when they brokethrough NONE of the teammates stopped the assault (they did shout man down for the first assistence they didnt know his status) and there is a valid reason if they all stopped there assault in a heavily enemy position they would all have been killed

when the area was clear they took care of him but imagine they immiedtly stopped when he got hit exactly in the begininng of the assault, im sure none would have made it out of there alive espacially if the enemy re-grouped and assaulted them while they where helping there buddy unfortunaley died on the shot.

there is a reason for everything it may sound dirty and insane but 1 casualty is better then 10 and im sure everyone agrees on that

luck plays a huge part in war in my opinion but skill makes a difference as well
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew aka. CazzU Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:23 pm

When you decide to sign in to apply ex. a British commando you know your gonna go to war for sure. So I you dont like it dont apply.! First and last thing is pretty simple, war is not a fair, clean or just buisness.
Matthew aka. CazzU
Matthew aka. CazzU

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 am

Wookie,

Out of curiosity what type of training did you do with the British forces ?
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:53 am

Infantry Phase I and II (trained infantryman) and got injured on P Company (pre-parachute selection).

Topics covered (off the top of my head and in no particular order) included:
[*]regimental history,
[*]drill,personal admin etc
[*]NBC warfare
[*]BFA (battlefield first aid)
[*]fieldcraft (personal admin in the field, cam and concealment etc)
[*]the various weapon systems used in infantry platoons up to and including the 51mm mortar
[*]marksmanship
[*]fire and movement
[*]patrolling
[*]ambushes
[*]manning and setting up OPs
[*]Map reading
[*]Radio Voice Procedure
[*]Fire Control orders

and shitloads of running with weight(35Lb, apart from water&weapon)/obstacle courses/steeplechases/log runs/hill reps. Towards the end you have to try the trainasium at least twice (usually more) before P Coy- which is scarier than I thought, but you get the reaction to words of command so drilled in your head that on the command 'GO' you just...well...go. We had huge blokes reduced to tears by it Laughing

Army Sayings - Page 2 Trainasium1

Army Sayings - Page 2 Trainasium_3

Army Sayings - Page 2 Trainasium2

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:30 am

And this was my PTI:
Sandy 'the Guvnor' Geddes - hobbies include cagefighting, bareknuckle boxing, 'ultimate fighting' (a sport, apparently) and err fighting in general.
Believe it or not, he's actually quite a nice bloke!

Army Sayings - Page 2 N601608792_1127578_9823

Army Sayings - Page 2 N601608792_1128802_9142

Army Sayings - Page 2 N601608792_1127579_27

His heart's in the right place (unlike his nose&teeth)etc

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2