MTAC MALTA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army Sayings

+3
Meli - Delta
AVLA
wOoKiE
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Army Sayings Empty Army Sayings

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 am

found these on FB, brought back many a memory (and the odd smile). Thought I'd let our aspiring Marines know what they're in for:

"You work hard for me, I'll work hard for you."

"I was doing special ops when you were still eating coco pops

"Aqua fresh"- a tube with 3 stripes(Sgt)

"I want those sideburns in an envelope and on my desk in the next hour. Now get off my parade square!...Double away!"

"Good skills"

"Ease springs" whenever someone farts

"you're shitting in your own mess tins now"- (you're making trouble for yourself)

"your one of my five a day" (you're either a fruit (gay) or a vegetable)

"heres 10p call the padre" (no sympathy)

"Happy with that. Crack on!"

"Its time to Foxtrot Oscar" (Fuck Off)

"Drill is brill, take it like a pill, January, February, MARCH!"

"You're about as much use as tits on a fish"

"Cut Away like a man being chased by a thousand native american indians in red sports cars. Standby-GO"

"A sucking chest wound, natures way of saying slow down!"

"On your feet! - Up"......."Too slow - get back down, give me 20" (repeat x10)

upon hearing a Fart - "Keep calling Sir, we'll find you."

"at the speed of a thousand gazelles"

"happy days!" - (all is well)

"my mistake, your fault, press up position down"

"hurry up and wait"

"It doesn't take the brains of a Chinese Archbishop"

"anyone for corn beef hash?" (usually said after an exercise when you've been eating corned beef hash ration packs for a week or so)

"what are you worried about? your skin is waterproof"

"If you don't swing those shagging arms.... I'm gonna rip 'em off and beat you to death with the fuckin' soggy end!"

"What did you iron that with? A hot mess tin? "

"I was in uniform when you were in liquid form son"

"I was in the marines" "really? what instrument did you play?"

"i'm on send, you're on recieve - shut the fuck up"

"if in doubt, brew kit out"

"keep the legs moving"

"dont call me sir... i work for a living" (when recruit calls an NCO 'sir')

"dont ask me why, its well above my pay scale"

"get a grip of your admin before i get a grip of you!"

"who's good at darts? ah well volunteered, go dart 2 the naafi an grab me a Lucozade"

"tea Nato" - tea. milk 2 sugars

"Thin out" (get away)

"do you want me to back squad your teeth and put you fillings in open order?"

"Gash" - rubbish, as in "what's all this fucking gash doing lying around here - CLEAR UP!"

"your the reason why i go home i go and fuck the dog walk the kids and beat the wife!!!"

"you signed the dotted line!!" (self explanatory)

"you found us, we didnt find you!!" (see above)

"You're as much use as a chocolate fireplace, FUCK OFF!''

"i was in Baghdad when you where in your dads bags"

"on the word of command 'fall out' you will turn to the right, gain height and fuck off! FALL OUT." (on the drill square)

"what the fucks gone off in here? looks like an Admin grenade!" (in a messy room/locker)

"hanging out your arse" - in shit state on a tab/run etc

" i was in the Army when they needed em not just feeded em"

" i was making use of dead ground when you were in the playground"

" i've spent longer in the aim than you spent in the fucking NAAFI queue"

" when i joined son, centurion was a rank not a fucking tank"

" i've been soldiering so long boy that julius caesar was a fucking lance jack when i joined"

"I was stagging on the gate when you was on cow & gate"

" i'm fucking Hank Marvin (starving) so i'm to off the Colnel Gaddafi (NAAFI) to get some Frank Bough (scoff) down me Gregory Peck (neck)"

"2nd place is the first loser"

"Hurry up and wait."

"My mistake your fault"

"Did you have a shave this morning?

-Yes sergeant

Did you use a mirror?

-Yes sergeant

Well next time use a fucking razor"

and the one we all feared the most:

Cpl Kew: "Oh dear Joe, oh fucking dear"
and

"fucking stand by, Joe" (= you are in deep shit Joe.)
(We were all Joe/joebag/joe seppi/seppi joe/seppi - as in Giuseppi) until you reached went to Battalion and became Tom (Pvt).
After that came Lance jack (LCpl), Fullscrew (Cpl), in some other regiments-Aquafresh (Sgt)

The Para Sgt is someone to be admired and befriended, however. Avoid referring to him as the Aquafresh at all costs. He's the best and most experienced soldier in the Platoon).

All officers are "Rupert"s. Again, never refer to them like that in the presence of your instructors.

haha good times! Those were the days! Laughing

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Army Sayings Empty PITYFUL

Post  AVLA Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:17 pm

i there say... stupid nicknames... and stupid phrases... if u wanna train ur man to destroy tyrants, or other countries... teach them the art of surviving and the art of killing... not show-off at how much long u were in the army before them...

i think the rank would speak for itself... army and battle styles changed alot from when those "instructors" fought for their country sooo they cant really speak 100% about how it is and stuff like that... Twisted Evil

bil-joe u ruperts u tom... jin jew jajjatli bkunjomi... jew bin-number... jew jkollu vera jmur iddar bix jamel lil kelb, johrog lit-tfal u jsawwat lil mara...
AVLA
AVLA

http://sgtmfcamilleri.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Army Sayings Empty Re: Army Sayings

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Xi kultant l-istupitagni li nara miktub hawn kwazi l-biki jtini
U nieqaf hemm. Ghax tieghla t-tempra.

Last edited by wOoKiE on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 pm

kristu hanin-thread tad-dahq gabu thread tal-glied aqalla.

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Some more classics:

you re in your own time now -( usually used when platoon should have been stood-down but somebody's fucked up, wasting everyone's R&R time).

chin up lads - (don't be disheartened)

its fuckin gibbers - (it's freezing)

drill is brill it makes my knob throb

drill is a pill and should be taken twice daily

pin your ears back - (listen up)

lets get amongst it like a tramp on a hot bag of chips - (ejja ha naghmlu herba guys)

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm

[quote="Matthew Agius (wOoKiE)"][b]

"heres 10p call the padre" (no sympathy)

"You're about as much use as tits on a fish"

"at the speed of a thousand gazelles"

"happy days!" - (all is well)

"If you don't swing those shagging arms.... I'm gonna rip 'em off and beat you to death with the fuckin' soggy end!"

"What did you iron that with? A hot mess tin? "

"I was in uniform when you were in liquid form son"

"i'm on send, you're on recieve - shut the fuck up"

"dont ask me why, its well above my pay scale"

"your the reason why i go home i go and fuck the dog walk the kids and beat the wife!!!"

"You're as much use as a chocolate fireplace, FUCK OFF!''

" when i joined son, centurion was a rank not a fucking tank"

" i've been soldiering so long boy that julius caesar was a fucking lance jack when i joined"

"My mistake your fault"

"Did you have a shave this morning?

-Yes sergeant

Did you use a mirror?

-Yes sergeant

Well next time use a fucking razor"

quote]

These are f***ing hilarious!!
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:47 pm

"No one gets left behind", is a real phrase? and from which unit it came ? Or is this a Cinema thing ?

George S. Patton: Famous Military Quotes
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

George S. Patton: Famous Military Quotes
No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.

Dwight D. Eisenhower: Famous Military Quotes
Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free

Norman Schwarzkopf: Famous Military Quotes
The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.

Colin Powell: Famous Military Quotes
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.

Dwight D. Eisenhower: Military Quotations
You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership.

And my favourite and this applies everywhere "Lead by example"
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Army Sayings Empty lol

Post  AVLA Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:35 pm

hadt ma qallek tihu alik... LOL FYI not my fault if i find those methods as stupid and funny at same time... i never thought of joining the army... and never will since its useless... Twisted Evil

it-thread ma gibtix tal-glid inti hadta ekk... kont nahsbek inqas touchy... LOL
nice humour li almuk mela... hot head... in my case my own humour is to smile while shooting...

darbohra ma niktib xejn... iktar ma jaddi iz-zmin vera iktar qed nara li ma tistax tixxerja opinjoni... jew nkella li people who think they know how to read... dont know how to read at all... (DISGUSTING VERA DISGUSTING)
nahseb jin awn erba adom maqrusin fuq li gara, they think they know it all, morru eqirdu fuq il-forum takom jekk andkom id-dwejjaq... ahna awnekk jew messaggi ta help jew hbib... u club vs club ma irridx nara...
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 pm

scratch scratch scratch

in my case my own humour is to smile while shooting...
-
-Somebody call the loony bin. We've got an escapee!

U tippruvax iddawwarha fuqi - m'jien touchy xejn. Just certu kummenti bla sens idejquni. Jekk ma jogbokx it-thread tippostjax fih hux. Simple really.

and as for

(DISGUSTING VERA DISGUSTING)
nahseb jin awn erba adom maqrusin fuq li gara, they think they know it all, morru eqirdu fuq il-forum takom jekk andkom id-dwejjaq... ahna awnekk jew messaggi ta help jew hbib... u club vs club ma irridx nara...

wtf? Mux int bdejt tparla min ghajnek?
Club vs Club fiex dahal hawn?
Min il madonna qed jeqred hawn (hlief int)?

M'ghandix fuqiex neqred lol.

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Army Sayings Cup_of10

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  AVLA Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:20 pm

...ha tibki??? Twisted Evil andek dwejjaq
BTW... tikteb go post wahda ma jimpurtax ta... memmx alfejn timla it-thread tijak stess bil-posts tijak... LOL posts are limitless in word count... and pictures Mr.touchy...
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor ( SpiRu ) Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:06 pm

wookie nice prashes al ways wondered what they are in reall ...and thx to meli .too .....damn im gonna save them
Trevor ( SpiRu )
Trevor ( SpiRu )

http://www.msiclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Trevor ( SpiRu ) .C Team wrote:wookie nice prashes al ways wondered what they are in reall ...and thx to meli .too .....damn im gonna save them

i just quoted the ones i liked from wookie's post lol.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Pierre Farrugia wrote:"No one gets left behind", is a real phrase? and from which unit it came ? Or is this a Cinema thing ?

no idea dude. Definitely American though. In the British Army depending on whether or not your unit wins the engagement, you can get left behind! The idea being that the enemy will respect the geneva convention. That doesn't happen much today- hence the 'save the last round for yourself' mentality.

The Americans are a lot more gung-ho in this regard - They are willing to get themselves killed whilst trying to pick up some arsehole with slack drills who fucked up/tripped over a pebble and grazed his knee. Wink

Last edited by Matthew Agius (wOoKiE) on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  AVLA Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:59 pm

i heard british left ppl behind only in cases were the fallen man is wounded gravely... probably will get killed by being carried or could slow the whole unit... example having a foot blown off - mines... Twisted Evil

although that sucks in morale issues... i think its the wisest thing... to do... take example BHD case in Mogadishu... 3/4 of the US casualties... were due to trying to get ppl stuck in transport copters or trying to aid people which were hit... im not referring to movie... i read the book Twisted Evil

BTW... the best phrase is "Its time to Foxtrot Oscar" (Fuck Off) Twisted Evil Genuis!!!
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 pm

They are willing to get themselves killed to pick up some arsehole with slack drills who fucked up/tripped over a pebble and grazed his knee.[quote]

Wookie, I don't agree with the above, as in all armies there are very valid elements and when you are in the front line, especially in special high risk situations, not getting hit, sometimes is more luck than skill ! Getting your mate home, instead of his mother seeing him dragged behind a jeep in Iraq on CNN is good, althouth risking an others life for a body is questionable. I think you have to be in such squads and being there, can make you take a desicion like that!

Just my opinion
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:08 pm

the idea is that at the end of the engagment, the unit commander does a PACESSDO:

P-Protection (all round defence etc)
A-Arcs (2IC to allocate)
C-Casualties (both FF and EF)
E-Equipment (check nothing's lost, buddy/buddy plus ammo and water check etc)
S-Search Enemy Dead
S-Sit' Rep' (IC to report)
D-Distribution (of ammo)
O-Orders (from IC to section to move, next objective etc)

but if they have to withdraw the injured man can either hobble his way to safety or wait there and hope for the best if he's too injured to move himself.
There is the occaisional hero who will risk his life for his buddy and do a fireman's carry to safety whilst still under enemy fire, but that's a VC-worthy act. ergo not very common.

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Army Sayings Empty +1

Post  AVLA Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 pm

have to agree with pierre... although its the wisest thing... i wouldnt want to live with the thought of leaving a man behind... Twisted Evil
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Pierre Farrugia wrote:
Getting your mate home, instead of his mother seeing him dragged behind a jeep in Iraq on CNN is good, althouth risking an others life for a body is questionable. I think you have to be in such squads and being there, can make you take a desicion like that!

Just my opinion

Exactly, it all depends on the situation on the ground. But the point is that it's at the commander's discretion. He can decide whether or not it is worth the risk. One might argue that one body being dragged behind a jeep is a tragedy, but 6 or seven is a disaster (both in terms of PR and morale)

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

So first we started speaking about bodies and now leaving causualties behind ? Is this acceptabe in the army.
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  AVLA Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:15 pm

wouldn't a PACESSDO... take away chances of rescuing buddies??? i mean, as u stated it takes place after enemy retreats or gets annihiliated and durign that time men could bleed out... or die...
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:23 pm

AVLA wrote: i wouldnt want to live with the thought of leaving a man behind... Twisted Evil
to which an SNCO would probably quip : "feel free to die giving it a go then, sir"

He'd end up doing it if it was a direct order, but the person giving that order had better watch his back in the next firefight.
I'm not kidding either. These things do happen and have happened.

They're not that common as the idea of war being a savage and unfair undertaking and the idea of not letting your mates down by getting killed is drilled into both soldier and officer recruits and they tend to think on the same wavelength.

It all depends on the options at hand. If for example they have air or arty/mortar support they can call in a firemission to suppress the enemy position while going back in to pick up the wounded.

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:27 pm

wookie, u wer training with the paras ux? u did any jumps jew? min jaf xbuzz man taqbez minn go ajruplan. my friend hadgone skydiving once imma kien marbut 'tandem' jew xjajdulu.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Pierre: the idea of not risking a platoon to pick up one wounded soldier is, indeed acceptable in the British Army. It doesn't mean that wounded soldiers are left to bleed to death out of spite or bravado, but i'm sure you'd agree that calling a medevac chopper in the middle of a firefight with 7.62s and RPGs flying about is, on a balance of risk, not smart!
The principles used in an attack/ambush/reaction to enemy fire is always the same - first win the firefight and then deal with the consequences.

Meli: aye, the Paras it was. Got injured on PCoy and therefore never did my jumps. But I did skydive once (Tandem-when I was 12-in Malta) and it was the fucking dogs bollocks. I'd do it everyday if I could!

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  wOoKiE Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:53 pm

AVLA wrote:wouldn't a PACESSDO... take away chances of rescuing buddies??? i mean, as u stated it takes place after enemy retreats or gets annihiliated and durign that time men could bleed out... or die...

In a well-trained platoon a PACESSDO would take less than five minutes. They're done in that order so it would take roughly 30 seconds for the casualty to be seen to after winning the firefight.

Eg: Enemy has just stopped firing (lets say someone had just emptied a LAW into the enemy position at 10 o clock).
Pl Sgt: "ALL ROUND DEFENCE! ARCS: 1 Section, building with sniper at ten o clock to leafy dell at three o clock, 2 section, building at right of leafy dell to road at 8 o'clock, 3 section-the rest. MEDIC! Check Taff (lets call our wounded bloke Taff-its always the welsh bloke who gets hit anyway) and see if he's ok, if he can't move- Radioman call in the CONTACT and tell them we require MEDEVAC."
before going on with the rest of the orders

wOoKiE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next