MTAC MALTA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what one needs?

+5
Nicolai_A
Meli - Delta
AVLA
Trevor ( SpiRu )
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what one needs? Empty what one needs?

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Incase i forgot some piece of equipment that might be needed, i currently have (waiting for delivery) the following:

Goggles
half face protector
Knee/elbow pads
hydration pack

on list to buy:

gloves
suit
helmet
vest
gun
shoes

is there something else that might be needed but i missed it?
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

what one needs? Empty Re: what one needs?

Post  Trevor ( SpiRu ) Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:42 pm

if to say ........ all you need is protective equipment to play the rest are for decoration etc...

Most nedded:
eye protection
body protection like; shirt and throusers
and knee..pads or what they are called
foot wear is important but if you have a normal shoes is good ( ure not gonna run with a safety shoes loool)

the rest is to assume to be like military or any force..... but for the chose i suggest some extra vest pouches they look nice on the sides.
Trevor ( SpiRu )
Trevor ( SpiRu )

http://www.msiclan.com

Back to top Go down

what one needs? Empty RE: Things YOU RLY need

Post  AVLA Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:36 pm

EYE/FACE protection... [Googles/BallisticGlasses/FaceMask/Balaclava... anyone which is good by you Very Happy ]
Kneepads... [Elbowpads jekk trid alkemm uma naqa... tad-dwejjaq meta tigi al certu muviment Mad ]
Footwear... [heq u know wats the sport about... soo better add boots to the list since they offer protection to feet in certain terrains which other shoes or slippers are not capable of Surprised ]
u
Gloves... [nissuggerijom ax iltqajt fsitwazzjonijit... tipo xewk/wet-grass li ahjar jekk ma tamilx contact mal-ewwel ma idek imma jkollok certu protection fihom + keeping your hands clean Smile ]

The other stuff; including the tactical vest, are stuff which one can go without:
Technically u need a gun for the vest use otherwise its just... an extra weight...
Helmets... are very optional since u need to adapt to them...
Club Issued BDU [battle dress uniform]at start is optional since u don't need to come in ACU from the very 1st day... you can choose any adequate camo outfits as long as u r fine and "protected" alkemm as such BDU xorta jati limited protection.

Hope that was of help... ax mbad emm tendenza li jinxtraw equipment li mumix daqsekk bzonnjuzi... u dan uwa sport naqa costy. ez... [dejjem fl-opinjoni tijaj... Cool] water hydration pack... alijja bih u minajru xorta, nixrob daqs u gili iktar minn kulhadd imma waqt dan lisports... xorb lahhar haga li taddi minn mohhi. What a Face
AVLA
AVLA

http://sgtmfcamilleri.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

what one needs? Empty RE: Things YOU RLY need

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:23 pm

As Malcolm said, you have to divide those essential and not.
Essential
Goggles ( for eve protection )
half face protector ( for face protection, I op for full face, in winter will help you in the cold weather )
Knee/elbow pads ( these are a must as by crawling you may rip off the pants or bruse your knee / elbow)
hydration pack ( not esential, you may drink from a plastic bottle like me )

on list to buy:
gloves ( not essential but may protect your fingers / hand from direct hits, which sometimes are very painfull )
suit ( as needed, i have half a dozen, acu camo dark swat etc etc )
helmet (this is a must, not for all games variats but help protect your head even from an acidential hit, in fact I have 2
helmets but usually I use Bonnie hat or baraclava)
vest ( bring it swat type, it gives you some extra protection for the neck, torso and back as are thicker in material)
gun ( your choice)
shoes ( i have a british paramilitary shoes, confortable to waer but a problem to take off )
***** Radio ****** get a chaep PMR446 can be handy in communication, don't go for any particular sofistication.

Think that is quite all!!! any other sugestion?
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:37 pm

hydration pack is a bit imp for me since i wont be using it only for airsoft but also for jogging better then running around with a bottle of water Very Happy

ill get an acu suit for now and since its the uniform color its not that big deal thoguh i will get a british uniform in the future

regarding the helmet i prefer it from any other hat incase of an accident mainly espacially if it was a rainy day or so better be safe

im still wondering about the vest havent chosen what to get yet

radio i was thinking of getting it but i have a question, which ill ask next thursday (if i remember lol) XD
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:46 pm

ok Liquid, i will bring mine with me next thursday, halli tarah, most important for the radio is that it takes EU frequencies and CE compliant as some of them are marketed for USA, usuall story!
Suspect

Back to top Go down

what one needs? Empty Fidejk ifem

Post  AVLA Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:52 pm

jin kiku fil-pozizzjoni tijak... neskludi radio u vest... radio yes its 100% cool imma adna mahnix fpozizzjoni tajba bix nuzawh. ibda minn kolonni area... tkun cqb mohbi sew u tinkixef bxi beep LOL bix da kollu ma tkunx uzajt naqa signals ma sihbek li qijed a few inches away... Mad

Vest thossa tajba meta tkun vojta... imma thossa differenti meta tkun mimlija alekk ahjar tippruvahha meta tkun bil-aeg u bil-equipment li ser titfa fiha... ez... maybe it doesnt have much mag pockets... or it has too much or maybe it has pockets which are on the back and which cant be removed... disabling the use of ur hydrantion pack attachment... Crying or Very sad Laughing

xpanik uxx??? lol imma ifem dawka affarijit li tikkoncentra fuqom wara... Neutral
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor ( SpiRu ) Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

ekk hu lewwel tahseb imbad tiprova u ekk ala irid tixi lol.... jin listess amilt imma bdifferenza qbad u xtrajt ...issa naraw uwx
Trevor ( SpiRu )
Trevor ( SpiRu )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:18 pm

AVLA wrote:neskludi radio u vest... radio yes its 100% cool imma Neutral
kukku my friend!!!! radio ma tuzahx biex tkun cool. we usually use it for partol/ security!!! comunication between us to start games or to halt games, apart from shouting!! Suspect
we use it as well in case of emergencies. say to call for help or if we have to place a sentinel at the gate for an event!!! ( don't ask me what event, better not ) so haveing one is a good idea, these are quite cheap and can be usefull if needed. my opinion!! tongue
pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Mario DeBono wrote:ok Liquid, i will bring mine with me next thursday, halli tarah, most important for the radio is that it takes EU frequencies and CE compliant as some of them are marketed for USA, usuall story!
Suspect

mhux ezat al hekk kont ed nghid question aktar al kif qal avla, specci inhaba use inhaba li mhemmx teams u ekk biex nifthemu aparti li throat mic kont ed nahseb sew mhux ha tisma beeps :p

regarding the vest im brining a molle one so i can do wtf i want on it XD so hydration wont be stopped becuase of some poket at the back
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Gentlemen,

Two Issues - Communication and Hydration

Communication
Communication on the field is of the outmost importance. I do not Agree with Avla at all, that a Radio on the field is a "show off" piece.

Communication is coordination if used correctly. And coordinating a team through its paces in airsoft will be of an outmost importance in order to win a situation. This is not me saying it however History. Nowadays Armies are moving to a point that all the sections down to private use a radio in order to communicate.

Yes a Radio such a PMR is an essential Piece which we will use to a great extent.

HYDRADTION

Hydration is an important aspect. Drinking lots of water is a must especially if you are losing a lot of it water via sweat on the field. Again Please refer to various documentation that there are on the web. Hyradtion should be continuous. This should eliminate the eventuality of heat strokes, which personally I have seen may times on the field.

One can use a bottle or a hyration pack, however I must say that water availability should be a standard, in order to avoid having injuries of dehyration on the field.

Last edited by jpgalea on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:55 am

I f you're looking for hydration packs go for Camlebak. You cannot go wrong with them. If you want I'll give you the website of a guy who has amazing prices on them! Just send me a PM whoever is interested.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor ( SpiRu ) Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 pm

some one can consult me a radio ?? if need a good 1 that is worth to buy .... thx and for hydration is important to all players as everyone sad is important in the field ..
Trevor ( SpiRu )
Trevor ( SpiRu )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Personally I have a Midland G7 which I bought locally (forgot the supplier name)

I have found it quite sturdy, however there was an incident that one of the G7 we bought had a defect and was replaced by the local suppier without any hastle at all.

Click Here

Yet again Mario Debono as I beleive has already mentioned, has got his from e-bay which is programmable and everything. The bottom part is to have a radio which can take attachments, such as throath mikes ect. (even though trough experience I would not chose the throath mike).

Back to top Go down

what one needs? Empty oK IM OUT!!!

Post  AVLA Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:39 pm

waqqajtuni down... sejjer fil-kamra tijaj ninalaq wahdi emm fid-dlam Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad LOL!!!
I love you <--- broken

lol!
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolai_A Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:02 pm

The supplier for the PMR446 is Aercomms, which is found in Zabbar. But before going to buy anything, better consult with someone who is experienced in radios. At the moment I can think of no one other then Mario Debono.

Do not rush on this as U might buy something not compatible and end up buying another one.
Nicolai_A
Nicolai_A

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:04 pm

were in zabbar is Aercomms so i go check the prices? Cool
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team

http://www.andrea120.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:04 pm

For Hydration packs you can have a look here: http://www.geocities.com/zedsbunkermalta/camelbak.htm
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:54 pm

i already bought one from hobbyasia same design as camelback
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:27 pm

they are very good but very expensive too :<

are there any cheaper hydrobacks pls?
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:53 pm

i got mine ehobbyasia $10 + $11 shipping

the rest is jsut for the brand name of camelback, also i read if you have problems with the bladder (where water is stored) you can always buy another one as long as it fits in the pack
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 am

I disagree with the fact that one pay just for a brand name. The one I own (well actually its my brother's) has been going strong for about 4 years without any problems whatsoever. Its been used on many expeditions, hikes etc etc and its seen its fair share of abuse. They're very very reliable pieces of kit. I guess that is what you pay extra for, the reliability and sturdiness of the build. I am not in any way bashing any other brand of hydration pack because I have never used them. All that I can say is that in you don't pay more just for the brand name, at least in Camelbak's case and in my opinion of course. ps i used to use mine as a pillow when i used to be on an expo lol !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9iV2A-6Ol8
http://backpacker.com/videos_the_backpacker_smackdown_testing_the_camelbak/gear/gvideos/2
http://www.active.com/gear/Articles/The_Gear_Junkie__Hydration_Bladder_Test_2008.htm
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:00 am

that is just the bladder of camelbak, as i said in my previous post usually all bladders are interchangable only the parts arent, so incase something happens to the bladder you can always buy a camelbak one and if you are lucky you can find a cheap bladder of camelback from ebay since they camelbak usually cost $30+ exc shipping
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 am

wow they are strong , but till i get the money ill get my thermos tongue
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:02 am

Its true, as liquid said, the inner bladder is the 'heart' of any hydration pack. The outer compartement of camelbaks is still extremely durable as a result of their meticulous workmanship. One suggestion: your idea seems like a good one, however make sure that it fits perfectly before you get a camelbak bladder because they might not be 100% compatible. I think as yet my camelbak is my most durable piece of kit. It might not be in mint condition, but it has what you can expect after about 4 years of use on the field by me & my brother: ie its just a little dirty (i never bothered washing it lol)!!
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum