MTAC MALTA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test

3 posters

Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty Camouflage BDU Comparison Test

Post  Meli - Delta Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:51 pm

I had found this interesting BDU comparison on an italian airsoft website and thought it would be helpful. it is quite a detailed test. I really like the design of the Italian Vegetata camo and! Anyways this test compares the Vegetata, MARPAT, ACU, CADPAT and MULTICAM.

http://www.softairmania.it/forum/showthread.php?t=4625&page=2

What do you think?
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty I think...

Post  AVLA Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 pm

(1) they forgot to put comparision using my British DPM Very Happy . [it would kick ass]
(2) i admit ACU doesn't fit in any of the landscapes but hey... i say we r sport and acu is a sporty camo cyclops .
cool comparsions... some other camos are rather worthless as merging in the landscape, others are only fit for certain ones.
[im sure my BRITISH DPM would, just trash them in all scenes even in the tree-shadow situation]
AVLA
AVLA

http://sgtmfcamilleri.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty Woodland MARPAT

Post  Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:47 pm

I think you did not realise in that case that Woodland Marpat seems to be the best camo in all the circumstances

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty Re: Camouflage BDU Comparison Test

Post  Meli - Delta Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:04 am

I agree, although the cadpat held up quite well to! Here is a link with more vegetata pics:

http://www.softairmania.it/forum/showthread.php?t=28076

How does the ACU perform at Ta' Qali?
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty not bad

Post  AVLA Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Very Happy It performs good in my opinion. The colonni area is urban, so it matches mal-hitan. and even in some zones it does fit well.
[last time i actually, tried to find the most greyish tree and literally hugged it so they wouldn't spot me... it worked until i fired back and roughly gave my position Sad ]

but i still love ACU... if we learn the proper tactics as our leaders, in short time will, it wouldn't be a camo problem anymore. ACU... as i said in another post has that characteristic of a nice, calm texture; so in public it doesn't seem to look warlike, and savage such as my British DPM. Very Happy

My Point : ACU delivers the correct texture for a sport atmoshpere and team Cool .
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:36 pm

ok, granted that acu is more calm looking and may scare people less buti don't think that this fact should be the deciding factor when it comes to a choice of camo. In my opinion ACU stands out immensely in grassy areas (which Ta' Qali has a lot of!!). In built up areas it works well so im not contesting that imma for woodland/grass there are much better choices. I think that the deciding factor when choosing a team camo should be its effectiveness not how much it alarms people (although it is a relevant point). Allura if it comes to that we should use the orange flash hiders so people won't get alarmed!
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty ACU

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Lets say the facts. The ACU might be more adequate in summer in actual fact. Even though officially it is designated as an ALL terrain Camo, ( this is the official US ARMY ).

As a team spirit the ACU is the standard uniform with MTAC, however we are not saying that it will reamin the same in the foreseeable future. However as a starter the ACU was chosen as an allrounder due to the official designation.

jp

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty RE: To All

Post  AVLA Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Better to make the sport respected as a 1st step... after that we maybe change camo to a better agressive and merging one. Issa sajf anyway... and camo is the least of our problems... Cool
Nimmagina li at the end of the day tactics of fire, movement and covering lewwel mbad camo... ax alxejn jkollok camo bix toqod mohbi biss.. xi darba trid tispara u 1+1=ur position roughly. Very Happy

Btw... kif saqsejtna about the acu??? mela mandikx chief??? cyclops firkas saqsi il-glen jiddubbalak dak!!! tongue Laughing
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:36 pm

AVLA wrote:Better to make the sport respected as a 1st step... after that we maybe change camo to a better agressive and merging one.

Naqbel ma dak il-punt. importanti li bhala sport l-airsoft jigi accetat iktar min-nies.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:47 pm

ACU ghad mandix. Bhalissa us woodland andi u set BDU's Olive drab germanizi ta xi 1988. Saqsejt fuq l-ACUdehrli li kienet choice daqsxejn stramba imma l-ragunament fhimtu! Smile
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:21 pm

JP,

After all the hassle to get my ACU hope you don't change the uniform now! Apart from black!
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty ACU

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:23 pm

ACU will not be changed, we will still use it do not worry pierre Smile, it will not be a wasted investment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm

JP,

I know and have to say I like ACU .
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:12 am

So, where do you suggest is the best place to get ACU bdu's?
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Camouflage BDU Comparison Test Empty SOo...

Post  AVLA Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:59 am

e-hobbyasia has the best BDUs in my opinion... Sad i have this problem im too small for any size and clothes stay big on me even my size... Very Happy
That website gave me the FIT-LIKE-A-GLOVE-BDU!!! Im so sexy in my ACU and anything i buy... is from e-hobbyasia... Cool
AVLA
AVLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:12 am

thanks, i'll keep that in mind. cyclops
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content