MTAC MALTA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Hits

+8
AVLA
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team
Meli - Delta
Nicolai
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA
Nicolai_A
Melv
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taking Hits Empty Taking Hits

Post  Melv Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:27 am

I draw attention to all about one important factor that keeps airsoft enjoyable.
A HIT IS A HIT AND MUST BE CALLED.
Irrespective of what and where - if you're hit you must call your hit, otherwise we shall only experience the deterioration of the game.
In Octobers' issue of Ai there was an interesting paragraph about this subject. I suggest to all that they get a look at it !

Melv

Back to top Go down

Taking Hits Empty Re: Taking Hits

Post  Nicolai_A Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 am

I take advantage of Melvyn's post to bring to the attention of everyone, that from now on, any ricoche' hit, helmet, boots or any other hit, it has to be called. A couple of weeks ago, we tried to remove Ricoche' hits and also weapon hits, but it was getting confusing and abusive, so we decided, I think with the apporval of many members, to keep it simple and that is anyone gets hit by a BB, he has to call the hit.

I also think that we should impliment the weapons too as a valid hit, but for this I would like to hear opinions from everyone and then decide on the majority.

Thanks
Nicolai_A
Nicolai_A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am

I can go with ricochet hits since in real world if a bullet ricochets on you from a small distance you still get hurt but for the weapon I don't agree unless it hits you hands on the weapon.
Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA
Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:13 am

i think weapons would be to much but rioc are fine for me
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolai Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:29 am

I agree with the weapon hit. If we want to compare to the real world, a hit on your weapon will shatter it and most probably your hand too.

Looking at the airsoft side, how can one confirm if the weapon was hit or the player. Therefore it might make sense to take the hit for what it is.
Nicolai
Nicolai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Melv wrote:
In Octobers' issue of Ai there was an interesting paragraph about this subject. I suggest to all that they get a look at it !

I confirm, read the editorial aswell. In my opinion weapon hits make more sense than ricochets since most ricochets that arrive and actually hit are really soft and without power. Plus I hope that more of us can adopt an attitude where one calls a hit even he isn't 100% sure he is hit. This way problems and conflicts are avoided. Just my 2 cents.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:27 pm

in my opinion we shoud say "gun hit" and get an other chance if it hits again your out..(opinjoni tiji isa amlu intom)
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team
Andrea (BonaVia) .C Team

http://www.andrea120.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Taking Hits Empty YEP!!!

Post  AVLA Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:40 pm

I agree with Rambo on richocets and weapons should be a hit claim...

Nixtiq nfakkarkom f'dawk iz-zewgt episodji fejn... l-mp5 ta mervin u l-m4 ta anthony got damaged into their reflex sight... kiku ta vera il-gun nahseb jinqasam b'bullet hit go fih, as the reflex sights got K.O. to a bb hit...

personally if my gun gets hit i would shout HIT immediately... and cry out... "NOOO MY SASHA!!!" soon afterwards...

BTW... hi Melvin welcome to the Forum!!! Twisted Evil
AVLA
AVLA

http://sgtmfcamilleri.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Hmmm I guess you're right Nic...
Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA
Ian (El_Pilota) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew aka. CazzU Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:33 pm

I agree that ricoche' must be called a hit. But I don't fully agree with weapon hits. But is it ok for me, I will do as it will do what is necessary.

.......only 1 thing,, we must remember these are not real gun fights, it is true that if a real bullet hits the gun, it will destroy both the gun and most probably your hand, but if we were to compare it to reality, I don't think that bullets hitting softstone will ricoche'.
Matthew aka. CazzU
Matthew aka. CazzU

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 pm

100 % agree, what ever is hit from any point is a hit, only problem is some players, as many are honest. If a player does not admit a direct hit, 1st, 2nd and third time, can you imagine admitting ricochets, so why do it ? To help marshals, so when they hear a hit, a player cannot make excuses, he's hit and out!

Also have to say this again, if you suspect someone is hit and does not admit, don't take the bait and do same , as you will be killing our sport and go home as a looser !

Regards

Pierre
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew aka. CazzU Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:04 pm

yep I agree, as once Pierre sad, if I would get hit and call the hit, i would't go home as a looser but as an honest player....
Matthew aka. CazzU
Matthew aka. CazzU

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 pm

That is why airsoft is a game that can only be enjoyed of there is an element of HONOUR.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm

As far as my (very) limited knowledge of ballistics goes (please correct me if I'm wrong) if a bullet hits a wall, it goes through and hence ricochets are unlikely but if a weapon is hit directly it will most probably be busted, that is why in my opinion:

Weapon hits----- HIT
Ricochets-----NO HIT

Of course this is just my opinion and everyone should stick to the rules no matter if you agree or not. I just wanted to explain the reasoning behind my opinion.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:44 pm

i agree with stefan but i prefer rioc then weapon hits reason is it is less unlikley of an excuse of riochet since the area is bigger where it can hit

but w/e you choose i agree i want to play and hf and not go home pissed off Very Happy
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA
Marlon (Liquid) - DELTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Meli,

Makes sens what you are saying but, we know a person 'might' be cheating, is when we hear the "tud" it makes with our kit and no hit is called. It would be very difficult for a marshal to know a player was hit direct or richochet !
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew aka. CazzU Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

lele rioc ahjar namlu hit, ax anka minajr ma trid xorta tigerfex. imma weapon hits ma naqbelx
Matthew aka. CazzU
Matthew aka. CazzU

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor ( SpiRu ) Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

ma rajtx post kollha ... in my opnijion Hit fuq weapon = ''gun hit !!!'' + another chance ,,,,
u richicet= ''hit !!!''
hit in head = ''Fak owned !!! xD''
Trevor ( SpiRu )
Trevor ( SpiRu )

http://www.msiclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

andek ragun pierre. insomma l-aqwa haga hi li tkun cara ghall kulhadd halli issa hadd mandu skuzi.
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Hello,

Can you imagine, you are in a real fire fight and your weapon gets a direct hit, from an incoming round, most likely everything will end in your face or if your are lucky, you end up with no weapon. So if your weapon gets hits, most likely you end up out of action. Also many times, when your weapon is hit, even you get hit ! Just my opinion! affraid
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre Farrugia Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Meli - AGREE 100%
Pierre Farrugia
Pierre Farrugia

Back to top Go down

Post  Meli - Delta Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Pierre Farrugia wrote:Hello,

Can you imagine, you are in a real fire fight and your weapon gets a direct hit, from an incoming round, most likely everything will end in your face or if your are lucky, you end up with no weapon. So if your weapon gets hits, most likely you end up out of action. Also many times, when your weapon is hit, even you get hit ! Just my opinion! affraid

its not your opinion, it is a FACT. weapon hit = HIT

i agree 10000% with Pierre.!!!
Meli - Delta
Meli - Delta

Back to top Go down

Taking Hits Empty W HITS!!!

Post  AVLA Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:22 pm

Weapon hit is a Hit, I AGREE but i would... like to propose something which will work in the future... since not many players poses the requirements...

...KONT QED NAHSEB NISTAWX NAMLUWA IKTAR KREATIVA TAL-WEAPON HIT, WEAPON HIT TINDUNA BIHA... IT MAKES A SHARP NOISE QISA GOOGLE HIT U JEKK TKUN BHALI... MOHHOK FL-ARMA LI MA JIGRILA XEJN... TINDUNA MAL-EWWEL DW... Twisted Evil TREVOR SEMMA TAL-OTHER CHANCE (LIFE), ALLURA AX MA NAMLUWIX LI MIN... JIHU WEAPON HIT... JISWITCHJA AL-SIDEARM??? NAF LI MUX KULHADD ANDU VERA PERO ITS NICE... KIKU JIN F'WAR U JTAJRULI L-M15 MINN IDI... (ALLA FUQU), NAQLEB AL-SIDEARM KIKU JKOLLI...

xtahsbu??? i would like feedback on that... since its realistic... Mind you... if not accepted i still stick to the idea that a weapon hit is a life hit... therefore... OUT!!!
AVLA
AVLA

http://sgtmfcamilleri.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bezzina (Mustangi) Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:25 pm

4 me no probz...but will ppl do it?
Bezzina (Mustangi)
Bezzina (Mustangi)

Back to top Go down

Taking Hits Empty hit or not hit

Post  Melv Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:44 pm

hi guys,
I have been thru what most said and some are right to partially disagree or not agree at all etc...
however one has to keep in mind just one simple rule ;
a hit is a hit and must be called.
Airsoft is a game based on honour, a hit leaves no paint or mark and sounds no alarms so therefore a hit, wherever it is, is considered as a hit and must be called. In other words there is no road in between or half measures - you are either hit or not hit.
It is only like this that we can overcome the temtation of not calling our hits which in the end makes other players furious and ruins the game.
There are various rules for extending game play for players eg; respawn, medics etc.. which may keep the players going and the game fun. Also knowing that once hit you're out makes it more challenging for you, makes you think carefully the next step.

Melv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum